Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Great Leveller

I had to drop by the courthouse today to collect some paperwork. I went in via the front door,which is not my normal route, but I paused as I crossed the threshhold because there was a furtive group hanging around near one of the emergency exits.

On taking a closer look I discerned three ushers, a police officer, a Crown prosecutor and a couple of hastily turned backs.

The common factor?

All having a crafty fag**, of course.

(Public Service Announcement Follows)

** Any American speaker who is alarmed by this should call the British Embassy Cultural Attaché in Washington DC for a clarification. The number is on the website www.brits-are-us.com. Calls are charged at $20 per minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.