Thursday, September 14, 2006

Proboscideicide




If anyone reading this is, or is acquainted with, a journalist, would they please, in the interest of sanity (especially mine) prevail upon the wordsmiths to stop,and I mean stop, using the cliché "The elephant in the room".

The sodding phrase is everywhere. It is near-enough meaningless. Even when explained, it is a poor metaphor.

Just stop it. Now. Then there may be no further consequences. Use it again - any of you - and I may not be responsible for my actions.

Is that clear? Is it?

I am off to lie down now, but don't forget what I said, will you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.