Sunday, May 20, 2007

What's Going On Here?


Like you, esteemed reader, I receive lots of emails. Firms from whom I have occasionally bought things are allowed into the inner sanctum that is my inbox. I went into mind-boggle overdrive this evening with a mailshot from Coopers of Stortford, a respectable outfit who sell often unlikely but occasionally useful gadgets by mail order (Say Goodbye to Earwax Misery and suchlike). In their time they have helped me to become greener by sending me a BOGOF offer on low-energy lightbulbs.
Today I received a mailshot, in which the offer that caught my eye was this, which comes in at number 5 on their list of best sellers, or so they say.
Did you know how many of your fellow citizens (and I exclude the quarter of my readers who have the misfortune to live overseas) are prepared to pony up the best part of twenty quid to buy a cover for their Bible?
Blame me, blame the drink that I have taken this evening if you must, but isn't this all a bit odd?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.