Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crime Victim

I have had one of my credit cards cloned. It was used to spend £400 on shoes (that's more than I would spend in a decade!) but was then detected by an online seller whose security was good enough to stop an order for a plasma telly. It was no more than a minor inconvenience to me, and we had new cards within a few days. Interestingly there was a single ITunes purchase, used to check the validity of the number I guess. I wonder where they got the details from though? I never let the card out of my sight. A while ago at the local Sainsburys there was a young lad who finished up in court for using a card skimmer. He was only small fry, but cards using information he had gathered were used in £600,000 worth of fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.