Friday, April 03, 2009

Nice to Know

I have just renewed my car insurance; after the usual internet search I finished up with the people who have that annoying dog in their ads. Nevertheless the cover was what I wanted, and the premium way less than I paid ten years ago for a bigger car. Being a cautious type I wrote a 'for the avoidance of doubt' letter to confirm that use for court business and for the bit of voluntary work I do is covered by the Social Domestic and Pleasure category. I got a letter back to confirm that voluntary work is covered so long as it is unpaid, and that claiming mileage is okay. In addition they cover the voluntary organisations for any liability they might incur by my driving on their business. I think that's pretty okay, as I know of colleagues who have been told that even occasional sittings at a different courthouse require commuting cover to be added. Nice one, doggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.