Friday, July 10, 2009

Soul and Heal

The excellent NHS Blog Doctor points us to this mordant comment on so-called 'alternative' medicine. When some enthusiast for The Alternative Way gets hold of me at a party or in the pub, I try to remind myself of the fact that nobody who has just been run over by a bus has ever been known to call "get me a homeopath" rather than a properly equipped paramedic ambulance.
The good Doctor has previously made another telling point that has stayed with me:- when the Queen or Prime Minister or any other highly valued celebrity travels with an entourage, that entourage will include a doctor, rather than a 'nurse practitioner'. Sauce for those geese is sauce for this here gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.