Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Our Turn!

The expenses scandal juggernaut has moved on to the judiciary.
Of course, I am in it up to my ears, submitting, as I do, an expenses claim every month. However, the fact that judges, who pull down something like £130,000 a year, also run up twenty quid a week in expenses doesn't seem too scandalous to me, and as for JPs, well I get 55p a mile for driving to and from court, and either £7.45 or £10.38 a day in flat-rate subsistence, depending whether I have been away from home for four to eight hours or more than eight. It isn't a life changing amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.