Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Update

The previous post about jury trial has attracted some interesting comments, but I have had an email, for which I am grateful, from a barrister in a respected set of criminal chambers pointing out the potential difficulties of revealing anything that happens in the jury room. I have therefore edited the post (edits in italics) to ensure that the case is not identifiable, and to remove reference to discussions. I repeat my gratitude to M'learned friend.

It is a couple of years or so since I was mentioned on the front page of the Daily Mail, and I would like to leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. Many years ago someone from my office (pretty dumb but very opinionated) was on a jury and told us about it.
    Terrifying!!
    "You could tell he was guilty as soon as he walked into the court" was a typical comment.
    Decided that I would probably opt out of a jury trial and be tried by the judge.

    ReplyDelete

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.